Sunday, May 24, 2009

Bye Bye Bubble...

Scott and I have decided to take down our Red Seas Max nano-tank and be done with fish keeping for awhile. As summer is coming on, we need to save energy bills and a $400 chiller is not in the budget!

We're slowly finding some buyers for corals and such, but the market is slow. We've sold a couple of pieces, and the main buyer for most of them is coming this week. Honey, the beloved Midas blenney, will be picked up by her new owner sometime this week, too. While I'm sad to see them go, I'm ready. It's been a good run, but we're so happy with Pippin that we don't miss the fishies much. This economy is so hard on fish keepers, though. I'm wondering how many will survive it! A year ago, I did a similar sale and had stuff jumping. This time, I barely sold half my stuff. Still, most of it is hardware and I can continue to advertise it. I'm just noting that things are slow in the bubble world.

Here are the most recent pics of the tank, for posterity:

Front:




Left side:




Right side:



Sigh. I sure can't wait for Heaven. :-S

No comments:

Post a Comment