Thursday, March 12, 2009

Onward!

Scott and I have prayed it through, and we have reinstated our plans to go forward with welcoming a baby caique to the family. We are also talking of keeping Buddy.

Buddy has become a study for me. Scott has pointed out that Buddy was not raised as a baby with good, loving owners who hand-fed him and nurtured him. He's fearful of human hands and even though there are now those around him who would pamper him, they find it hard to even get him to take a treat from their hands. He sleeks down because he thinks that we mean him harm when he sees us coming. There is no confident expectation of good.

I am the same. I sleek down when I think of the future. I imagine that the Lord will bring me hard toil and pain when I see things that seem scary things looming in the distance. I look for discipline and hard knocks, even though for years I have been blessed and pampered. Scott reminds me that I can become a child who can expect good things, because we know Who is taming us to His hand.

Ave, Savior! Let me look for treats from Your hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment