Thursday, April 9, 2009

About cages...

Well, I thought and I thought and I got what I thought was the perfect cage for a small bird-to-be at a GREAT price. And so it was.



And then, as regular readers will know, my wonderful hubby said "I love you" with PVC.



However, the more I read on the caique forum the more I realized, this is the bare minimum cage for a busy caique. Sigh. I hate making mistakes.

But, God is SO kind. In His providence, he sent me on Craig's List a woman asking "does anyone have a playtop cage to sell?" End of the 15 emails back and forth, she's buying it for almost all I paid for it (including shipping) AND with paying for Scott's amazing playtop, I'm getting more than what I paid.

On the advice of my Caique Forum friends, and after prayer and the support of my husband, I'm getting a sweet deal on this new cage, in a lovely gray color:



This should be the only cage my baby ever needs. I love birds! Onc cage serves for 40 years... 'specially a cage like this!

The added blessing that I am SO grateful for is that my Sweetie, for our last date night, decided we'd prepare for the sale of the old cage and the arrival of the new one by taking down his desk. As we did, we looked for cage hardware. We couldn't find it... but the, lo, we found the dining room table hardware that we had been looking for for months since our move to this rental home. I immediately called my SIL, who was waiting for the hardware, and she had JUST missed ordering replacement hardware last night!

God is so good; I am excited. My baby is going to have a forever home, and we're bringing him home on the 20th, God willing!

No comments:

Post a Comment