Monday, June 8, 2009

Wolf whistles in the shower

So, no video of this one! ;)

I have had Pippin about six weeks and have been waiting to make sure that he's sure of foot before I put him on a perch in the shower. Don't want him to fall like Nani did and hurt himself. Until now, he's had spray baths on the bathroom counter while my husband and I take showers. Then he surfs his towel while we employ ours. He's very happy to do morning grooming with us.

Recently, I decided he was ready, so my husband put him way high up on the shower curtain rod to look down upon us as we showered. Also recently, Pippin mastered my personal signal for him (my flocking call) which is a wolf whistle. He definitely associates me with that call, and he does it when he gets excited about seeing me, particularly. He has my tone, pitch, and cadence down perfectly.

Well this morning was hilarious! Pippin was up on the shower curtain bar, walking (strutting?) back and forth and looking down at my husband, Scott, and wolf-whistling repeatedly. Scott is kind of modest, so he was a little weirded out by my whistle coming from the bird above. Then, I started laughing, and Pippin started to mimic my laugh, and then the whistle again. Then Scott started laughing, and Pipping was whistling, cackling, and whistling again. We laughed so hard that tears were rolling down our cheeks and our adult daughters (getting ready in the adjoining bathroom of our townhouse) wanted to know what was so funny!?

Pippin is such a joy! How did we ever bathe without him?

1 comment:

  1. I love it when they laugh! Sounds that you guys had fun.

    ReplyDelete